Police Mutual Member Care Service


Following their Annual General Meeting Police Mutual have changed the terms of their mutuality to include not only those who have a Police Mutual product but also those who have a Home or Motor Insurance Policy with Roland Smith.

This means that those NARPO members can now access the Police Mutual Member Care Service, which offers a free Nurse led service that supports members and their families through serious illness, chronic health conditions, bereavement and disabilities.

It offers a friendly listening ear, practical information, and emotional support where it’s needed most. The service provides expert advice, reassurance and access to complementary treatments. The service is provided by Red Arc who are an experienced provider of this type of service.

To access the service members should use the below contact details:

0845 450 5220 or membercare@pmas.co.uk


The Police Mutual Foundation

The Police Mutual Foundation is another new service provided for NARPO members who are also members of Police Mutual and this service provides Convalescence facilities by providing tailored support for members of the Police Service, retired officers and their families who’ve been through a traumatic event or bereavement, helping them to get away from it all and recuperate.

Applications must be authorised and submitted by Branch Secretaries using the relevant application form available via the website at:


The Police Mutual Foundation website also offers a Well Being Zone which offers online advice designed to help members with their health and general well being. The site can support members in the following areas:

Improving general health, Losing weight, Getting fitter, Eating more healthily, Managing Stress



The Trust provides assistance to dependants of police officers, in cases of officers, or former police officers who have died, or die as a result of an injury received in the execution of their duty and Police officers, or former police officers, who are or have been incapacitated as a result of an injury received in the course of their duties.


Citizens Right for Older People

Citizens Rights for Older People is a charity that provides a free confidential lay advocacy service, and will speak on your behalf. CROP is supported by the Kent County Council, East Kent Health Authority and Maidstone Borough Council. They can assist with service complaints, filling in benefits forms and many other issues. For assistance contact your nearest office:

 Maidstone Office – Barham Court Business Centre, Teston, Maidstone ME18 5BZ

Telephone: 01622.812228 - Email: Maidstone@cropkent.org.uk